WebDAV permissions, advice?
mobileorg-android on behalf of hjh
2014-04-26 03:40:25 UTC
I had been doing MobileOrg sync by WebDAV over my home wifi router... until
my old computer broke. Now I'm setting everything up on a new machine.
There, pushing updates from the computer to MobileOrg is working fine, but
my phone can't send captures to the computer. Syncing while there are
pending captures gives an error for the URL
http://ip.address/webdav/mobileorg.org, no further details.

If I put the URL into the phone's browser, it reads fine. So I've got read
permission but no write permission. The file has rw permission for user,
group and other; user is www-data and group is my user group, per Ubuntu's
wiki page on configuring apache WebDAV.

Does anyone have experience with this? I thought I had mirrored my old
setup, but I'm missing some detail and don't know where to look.

Thanks,
hjh
mobileorg-android on behalf of hjh
2014-04-26 07:07:44 UTC
Post by mobileorg-android on behalf of hjh
If I put the URL into the phone's browser, it reads fine. So I've got read
permission but no write permission. The file has rw permission for user,
group and other; user is www-data and group is my user group, per Ubuntu's
wiki page on configuring apache WebDAV.
And... never mind, problem solved. I had omitted the authentication
configuration, which includes the important keywords "DAV On" -- now that's
in place, and syncing captures is working as it should.

Sorry for noise.

hjh